Why Email Marketing?
People do business with people they know and trust. Email gives you the ability to build relationships and then build trust. Because it’s the trust that brings revenue.
- 95% of internet users have an email. And most of them check their email every day. So it’s a great possibility to deliver your message right into your customer’s mailbox. So it is very direct and very personal.
- Email marketing is inexpensive: there is no need to invest in new technology.
- Email marketing allows you to target your audience by certain criteria (interests, location, purchases).
- Email messages are not limited in characters and have a much wider range of formatting possibilities than social media messages.
- Email marketing helps you to drive traffic to your other social media and also increase sales through sales funnels.
There are several different email marketing services out there, such as MailChimp, Drip, AWeber, and many others. My service of choice is MailChimp. It easily integrates with WordPress and other platforms and apps, and it is GDPR compliant.
Find out more about my Email Marketing Services.
OK, you say: I will give it a chance, where do I get emails? Well, you collect them. Right there, on your website. If you don’t have a site, this is a good time to reevaluate this decision.
Here you find out 5 reasons why having a website is important.
Another question is: how do you make someone give you his or her email?
The answer is: by giving them something back. For free. You can give your advice and expertise on some topics, you can give information, you can give freebies. One of the tools of growing your mailing list is your Blog page.
Check out my article Why Having a Blog page is a Good Idea